This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Inverted tie rods - do they work or not? YES

Cum web-ul este plin de informatii contradictorii, pana nu masoara cineva si nu pune dovada nu prea stii ce sa crezi. Un tip cu DC5 si-a luat un dispozitiv folosit in motorsport pentru a masura daca capetele de bara inverted aduc un plus la bump steer fata de cele standard. Dovada este ca da, reduc bump steerul!!!

[Image: 6673-EB22-6-A8-F-4-E56-B5-CC-F55200-A312-F7.jpg]

[Image: 333539-C1-0-E17-49-C8-B46-F-58-CD0-D5982-FB.jpg]
The idea of this kit is, to jack/load up the suspension 1cm at a time and record the figures on the digital readers. Every centimeter the toe angle will change, although it would be great if it didn't move at all!

My setup :

Tein Street Advance Z Coilovers
Hard race inverted tie rod ends
Hard race roll centre adjusters
Centre of hub to arch distance : 33cm (so lowered around 40mm from stock)

I tested this setup back to back with OE style track rod ends. I wanted to know if the inverted versions did as they claim, or if they were terrible like everyone on the internet says (without proof).

Here are my findings :

[Image: bumpsteer3.png]

Once you get your head around the graph, it's quite easy to understand.

This confirms that under load/bump, the inverted track rod ends actually toe in / bump steer LESS compared to the OE tie road, which is what they are designed to do.

I couldn't quite get to 4cm of compression, more like 3.5, and the figures just kept going in the same direction, meaning the bigger the bump on the OE style tie rod means even more toe in compared to the inverted. Now, this is what happened for my setup. Your setup could be different - I just wanted to share my findings.

I now have a bumpsteer gauge which I don't need. If anyone wants to buy it from me they are welcome, could even do a rental of it if a few people want to check out their figures. Or if you don't give a sh*t about these geeky figures, neither of the above

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew